If you are a part of the media and want to do a story covering the festival, please feel free to contact us and the event coordinator David Pessagno. We have gladly made accomodations for TV film crews and other media over the years and are happy to help you make your story about our event be complete and engaging.
- The festival began as a spiedie cooking contest in 1983.
- The first official Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally took place in 1985.
- Each year the festival is held the first full weekend in August.
- Attendance has grown over the years - the festival currently sees between 90,000 and 100,000 admissions per year.
- The festival is a non-profit organization that donates proceeds to community charities.
- Since inception, the SpiedieFest and Balloon Rally has donated over $1 million dollars to local charities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Spiedie Fest part of Catholic Charities or any other organizations?
- No, Spiedie Fest has always been a completely separate not-for-profit organization. Although the event shared a close relationship with Catholic Charities in the past, for many years the monies raised by our event are donated to the organizations who assist us by providing volunteers over the 3 day festival.
- Where is the festival located?
- The festival takes place annually at Otsiningo Park in Binghamton, NY. Directions can be found here.
- Where can tickets be purchased?
- Tickets can be purchased online, or in the Binghamton region at many locations, listed here.